Re: Pinning (was Re: Error while upgrading from Wheezy to Stretch)

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 03:46:17PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I realize that Greg, but debian's support for armhf for unusual
> applications that require a realtime environment, is at its finest, an
> afterthought and discarded. We linuxcnc runners are used to it.  So we
> build our own kernels and pin them.

Kernels are among the safest packages you can bring in from a foreign
release.  They have almost no dependencies at all.  Just a magic hamster
that makes the system go.

Of course, you're still on your own if the hamster falls out of the cage.