Re: Help needed with home network configuration

	Hi.

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 08:05:12AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, April 14, 2018 03:57:08 AM Reco wrote:
> > Back in the day I used two Raspberry Pi for improving WiFi coverage.
> > It was very straightforward, although somewhat unconventional
> > configuration - two WiFi APs with the same SSID ('AP name' in layman
> > terms), each brigded to the same wired VLAN. Worked better than I was
> > anticipated, although I haven't bothered with 802.1n.
>
> Out of curiosity, did they run on two different radio channels, or the same?

That's the best part. Several APs can have different channels in this
configuration, theoretically it's even possible for them to have
different bands (one with 2.4Ghz and another one with 5Ghz).
But convincing a WiFi station (a client) to seamlessly switch (the way
802.11r describes it) between APs in such scenario is impossible.
So I came to manually setting the same channel for both APs, and
changing it once per week.

Reco