Re: SSD's and many edits of a single file

Hi,

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I see no indication *at all* from Gene's description that the problem
> could have anything to do with the OS or the hardware.

I don't think so either. But since the discussion began to cycle,
i thought that it would be nice to have some tangible proof.

If the script runs fine for half a day while Gene does his editing and
CNCing and maybe experiences the problem with geany again, then we can
say that it's not the SSD or the kernel.

> My guess is rather that his editor ends up saving the file at location
> A and he looks at the state of a file at location B.

Yes. But who would want to explore the habits of a Gnome application ?
  https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1774
  https://wiki.geany.org/config/all_you_never_wanted_to_know_about_file_saving

Have a nice day :)

Thomas