Re: hdmi from cable box in a Linux window?

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 16:14:09 -0700
conover@rahul.net (John Conover) wrote:

> Is there a good way of getting hdmi from a cable TV box into a window
> on the Linux screen? Anyone done it?

There are converters for below 100 Pounds/Dollars to USB3.0. I've seen
1080p/60 going into VLC on a (fast) Windows laptop, although it only
manages 1-2fps on mine. The computer seems to need to do a lot of work.
There are more expensive converters which presumably do more themselves.

I had the converter for a short time, and didn't try it with any Linux
computers, so I don't know the state of USB3 video over here.

--
Joe