Re: transfer disk

On Tue 10 Apr 2018 at 03:01:56 (+0100), mick crane wrote:
> Can you pop a hard disk that boots with a Debian installation on it
> into another entirely different PC and will the kernel try to make
> sense of its new hardware ?

Yes, I used to build a system in one box and then install the drive in
another. This was in the days before initramfs; now you should make
sure you have   MODULES=most   in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
when (re)making it. I can't speak for BIOS/UEFI differences as my only
UEFI is a laptop.

Cheers,
David.