Re: install printer

On Monday 09 April 2018 15:18:38 Brian wrote:

> On Mon 09 Apr 2018 at 05:55:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 09 April 2018 03:24:40 mess-mate wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > howto installing my HP ENVY printer ?
> > > Cups seems installed but what next.
> > > regards
> >
> > All of the setup tools are available by pointing your browser at
> > localhost:631.
>
> Depends on what you mean by "setup tools". The OP would be out of luck
> if printer-driver-hpcups was not installed.

Your view is wider than mine, which only has x86 and r-pi stuff to
contend with. And ATM, I have no epson or hp printers. All connected to
this machine or at an ip address, and advertized by this cops install,
so all I've had to do to make them all usable from any machine here is
install the cups client and tell it to browse the local net ip block.

I should learn from Andy Capp, and just shaddup. :)

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)