Re: Ideal place to set environment variables

On Sat, Apr 07, 2018 at 11:47:19AM +0100, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
>   <head>

Really? :-(

> </pre>
>       manual page that I pointed to before, alongside a <code>~</code>
>       metacharacter which yields your desired result fairly trivially.

OK.  I confess I only looked at the "setenv" section which says "A
comma-separated list of environment variables and values to which they
are to be set."  Then jumped to the bottom to look for examples, of
which there are zero.

I guess I should have read every single sentence, to find the part
about `~' and `$'.  That looks sufficient for all the real-world
cases I've seen.