Re: install printer

On Mon 09 Apr 2018 at 10:23:07 -0000, Dan Purgert wrote:

> Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> > On 04/09/2018 10:24 AM, mess-mate wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> howto installing my HP ENVY printer ?
> >> Cups seems installed but what next.
> >> regards
> >>

> > open http://localhost:631/ with your favorite browser and add the printer.
> >
> > By the way I couldn't see your printer there. It may not be supported by
> > CUPS out of the box.
> >
> > http://www.openprinting.org/printers
>
> It's an HP -- best bet would be checking hplip.

Indeed, this is the most straightforward and trouble free way of
getting the printing *and* scanning functions of the device working
with 'hp-setup -i'.

For printing, http://localhost:631/ plus printer-driver-hpcups is
sufficient without hplip installed. Scanning would have to be set up
separately with libsane-hpaio.

--
Brian.