Re: Help needed with home network configuration

David Wright wrote:
> On Fri 06 Apr 2018 at 10:00:31 (-0000), Dan Purgert wrote:
>> Celejar wrote:

>> > I'm not using the Buffalo to provide wireless connectivity to any
>> > clients. The page I linked to does have instructions for doing that,
>> > but I don't need it.
>>
>> Good deal.  Using the buffalo as a wifi repeater would kill throughput
>> for everything connected to it :)
>
> I was under the impression that this would work even with consumer
> grade routers if the backhaul was on a different band or, with dual
> radio routers, a different channel from the clients.

It's a nuance in the semantics of what it means to "repeat" wifi.
Suffice to say, in order to "repeat" wifi, you have one radio splitting
its time between pretending to be an AP for a client device, and
pretending to be a client device to the upstream AP.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947