Re: Recipient address rejected

On Thu, 05 Apr 2018, deloptes wrote:
> I think it was already discussed here, but I may have missed the point.
[...]
>                   The mail system
>
> <debian-user@lists.debian.org>: host bendel.debian.org[82.195.75.100] said:
> 550
>     5.7.1 <debian-user@lists.debian.org>: Recipient address rejected: Mail
>     appeared to be SPAM or forged. Ask your Mail/DNS-Administrator to
> correct
>     HELO and DNS MX settings or to get removed from DNSBLs; MTA helo:
>     localhost.localdomain, MTA hostname: unknown[221.224.30.132]
> (helo/hostname
>     mismatch) (in reply to RCPT TO command)

This mail is coming to bendel from 221.224.30.132, which is listed in
CBL[1] because it is part of the confiker bot net. It's also
misconfigured. It should provide a valid DNS name in the EHLO request,
ideally one whose forward and reverse match the provided IP address.

1: https://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

A Bill of Rights that means what the majority wants it to mean is worthless.
 -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia