Re: utf

On Thursday, April 05, 2018 02:26:01 AM tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 11:33:13PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > other formats). I wouldn't store my mail in mbox anyway. For local
> > system/user mails as a simple default storage perhaps yes - it might be
> > OK, but for public mail, where you have 1000+ mails and perhaps multiple
> > interfaces ... no chance.
>
> Increase that by 2-3 orders of magnitude and I'd agree (FWIW, I'm working
> off an mbox with ~15K mails. Works fine).

I'm laughing (at myself)--I just checked my mail directory, I have at least 4
mbox files (and then I stopped looking) greater than 175 MB.  One of them, my
inbox, is 2.8 GB--no problems.

I do need to compact my inbox, and I did, but maybe the actual file isn't
changed until I quit kmail--I'll try that later.