Re: utf

On 2018-04-01, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/1/18, Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz> wrote:
>> On 02/04/18 02:05, mess-mate wrote:
>>> howto change the system utf to eu character set ?
>>
>> Why? UTF (especially UTF-8) is vastly superior for all purposes:
>> http://utf8everywhere.org/
>>
>> What are you trying to do, and why do you thing a non-UTF encoding might
>> help you to do it? You will likely be able to achieve your goals with a
>> UTF locale.
>

> Sometimes it takes seeing certain words together to trigger a thought.
> Ben's words made me wonder if maybe OP is missing a font package. That
> thought occurred because I use UTF-8 and find fonts missing sometimes
> (too?)....
>
> Cindy :)

The thought provoked in my neurological matter was why there are other
locales at all if UTF8 (the locale of this here .homie machine, BTW) is
"vastly superior for all purposes".

That leaves no purposes remaining whatsoever for the myriad other
locales.

If this is indeed so, let's get rid of them, then, (the superfluous
locales) thus lightening our loads in computer life.

Or are there legacy, corner, arcane purposes for these locales, of which
the hoi polloi (of which I am a card-carrying member) has not to concern
itself?

--
The time-state of attainment eliminates so accurately the time-state of
aspiration, that the actual seems the inevitable, and, all conscious