Re: hostname

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 04:23:53PM -0000, bolakim53@mail2tor.com wrote:
> 		In fact the topic came from an old article about the threat to be
> hacked/targeted : backdoor & hostname_nsa tool.
> 		Anyway the new equipment/hardware could solve all these 'confusion' in a
> near future by simplifying the terminology and perhaps implementing
> officially backdoors (software too ? on the tor blog someone asked the
> question - no response). i wonder if the 'independent' dns will be
> "allowed" but it is another story.

What on EARTH are you talking about now?

You appear to be concerned that your hostname contains secret information,
and that having your hostname "leaked" to the rest of the world will be
an issue for you?

If that's the case, try not putting secret information into your
hostname.  E.g. naming your machine my_mothers_maiden_name_is_johnson
might be a bad idea.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Your text formatting is quite difficult to read.  Please separate
your lines from the quoted lines with a blank line, and please do not
indent your lines.