Re: Thunderbird font broken

Markus Grunwald wrote:
> Thunderbird seems to handle fontsizes different than all the other
> programs I'm using.

In Testing, if I start Thunderbird from an x-terminal, this is what
I see:

$ thunderbird
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Error: cannot open display: :0

There seems to be something wrong with TB in Testing at the moment.

TB in Stable works fine, however.  As far as I can see, the font size
of the UI is determined by the settings for GTK3.
If you do not use Gnome, then put the desired font and font size into
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini (create the file if it does not exist
yet), like this:

[Settings]
gtk-font-name = Liberation Sans 11

(BTW, to use this font, install fonts-liberation.)