Re: Booting from USB on an old MacBook

On 01/08/18 23:30, juh wrote:
... I would like to install debian on my
2009 (or so) 13" MacBook to prevent being vulnerable to Meltdown and
Spectre. Sadly the internal CD drive is broken and the notebook does not
boot from USB. I didn't find any hint in the Bios settings how to boot
from a usb device.

Is there a hack to boot such a Macbook from USB or do I have to buy a
new cd drive?

debian-9.2.1-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso on a USB flash drive boots on the Macbook Pro's I tested. The current version should work:

    https://www.debian.org/distrib/

Also see:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065