Re: is there any Windows virus that affect linux?

On Tue, December 12, 2017 8:00 am, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> That said, this kinds of attacks are so complex that (as in the
> case of Stuxnet) it possibly takes the resources of a nation-state
> (or, in this case, probably two) to set something up like that.
> OTOH things are pretty fluid these days, so I wouldn't count on
> that staying the same for a long time.
>
> So to sum up -- you'll have to read up on many things to even
> understand an answer to your question. My current answer would
> be (to some high, but unspecified degree of probability) "No",
> but that might change whithin the next couple o'years.

If a nation-state wanna play games with you, there are a lot of more
important things you should really care about...

ps:

ELF --> PE infection on FAT/FAT32/NTFS partition on same disk, unencrypted
(quite easy)
PE --> ELF infection on ext? partition on same disk, unencrypted (bit more
of work)

cheers.

--
x9p | PGP : 0x03B50AF5EA4C8D80 / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE
1524 E7EE