Re: How to Clone a RAID1 Box to Another with Drives Twice As Big?

On 11/09/17 10:33, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 12:25:17PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
    I have a Debian Stable box with two 1TB drives, set up as a mirrored RAID1
    setup.

    I have a replacement box with two 2TB drives.

    How do I best clone the old machine to the new, with minimal (or better,
    no) downtime, being able to wind up with double the drive space on the new
    box?

If minimizing downtime is your objective, then I would recommending
doing a fresh install on the replacement system and rsyncing everything
over.  That lets you have the old system up and running until the very
last moment.

+1 for a file server.

If it's a workstation, put all the drives in the fastest box, mount both RAID's, and then rsync.

David