Re: Add/Remove appication from MATE Applications drop down menu

On 11/03/2017 08:22 PM, Dominic Knight wrote:
On Fri, 2017-11-03 at 08:21 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
My first problem is there are too many games cluttering the Games
sub-menu. How to delete selected games from the menu without
removing
the executable?

My second problem is I do not use Firefox. I wish to replace it with
non-Debian executable [SeaMonkey].

I've seen instructions somewhere [can't recall where] for adding an
application to a sub-menu.

TIA

System (on top menu bar)
look and feel
mate menu

You can create sub-folders to divide the games or other apps into your
own sorted lists by creating new menu (a sub-folder) with your chosen
name and then drag and drop the program titles into the new sub-menu
(sometimes quite tricky to get the exact placement to move the program)

I don't observe that menu structure.
I'm using Stretch (9.1.0) with MATE (1.16.2) .

The menu structure I see is:
System
    Preferences
        Hardware