Re: How do I boot a Debian 9.1.0 amd64 iso from GRUB?

Ethan Andrews composed on 2017-09-14 03:17 (UTC):

> I have recently had issues with burning DVDs and am wondering if I can
> boot a Debian 9.1 AMD64 DVD iso directly from an installed GRUB on
> another Debian partition....
If you have a working internal installation and FOSS bootloader, you don't need
any .iso to install or upgrade. I rarely install from any iso, OM or USB. You
can download the installation kernel and initrd and load them with your existing
bootloader. The installer will then download only the packages to be installed.
There are similar other options that require minimal or no downloading in
advance of installation:

	https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
	https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

If you only have one PC, downloading the full DVD can turn out to be rather
wasteful, especially when writing them to media is problematic.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/