Re: How do I boot a Debian 9.1.0 amd64 iso from GRUB?

Le 14/09/2017 à 05:13, Ethan Andrews a écrit :
Hello,

I have recently had issues with burning DVDs

You can use an USB drive instead.

and am wondering if I can
boot a Debian 9.1 AMD64 DVD iso directly from an installed GRUB on
another Debian partition.

Do you mean a Debian installation image *file* ?
Short answer : no.
Long answer : you can have GRUB loop-mount the ISO image and load the kernel and initramfs from it, but the initramfs embedded in Debian installation ISO images cannot use an ISO image file. Instead of using this initramfs, you can download and use the one intended for hd-media, which can use an ISO image file, but this is rather cumbersome.