Re: Macbook Air - Stretch - getting rather hot

On 05/09/17 20:24, James Montgomery wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 7:42 AM, kelsang sherab <sherab@fastmail.com> wrote:
>> The last few days my machine seems to be getting hot more than usual -
>> any suggestion of what can i do?
>
> I didn't see any replies to this message. Are you still having this
> issue? I have had similar issues with my Macbook Air mid-2011 (Ivy
> Bridge). It seemed to have gone away after I set 'powertop' and
> cpufreq settings to conserve power. Still, I never hear the fans kick
> on an the bottom aluminium is always rather warm.

Another thing that may help is to configure a CPU usage indicator widget
in a task bar so as to detect if any program is using an excessive
amount of computing power.

--
Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan