Re: Recommended editor for novice programmers?

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 20:34:27 -0500, Mario Castelán Castro
<marioxcc.MT@yandex.com> wrote:

>Assuming that people in the OP's library is representative of the
>general population, then most people in that library will never ?develop
>a greater interest in computers? like you and me. Run-of-the-mill users
>do not care if software is very powerful, configurable, reliable, or
>other technical merits. They want something that is so simple to use
>that they will never need to even glance at the manual. Microsoft and
>Apple deliver that and that is why they have had so much commercial success.

If the OP wants to provide a GUI editor that resembles MS Write, with
which his attendees would likely be familiar, he might resort to Libre
Office https://www.libreoffice.org/ .  Libre Write
https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/writer/ is part of what is
essentially a free MS Office Suite, and runs on many platforms.  But
it's not a programmer's editor.  (If this has already been mentioned
in this thread, please forgive me.)