How do I get Tomcat 8.5? Re: I just installed "tomcat8" and "tomcat8-admin" on a Debian 8.9 box, via an apt-get
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: How do I get Tomcat 8.5? Re: I just installed "tomcat8" and "tomcat8-admin" on a Debian 8.9 box, via an apt-get
- From: "James H. H. Lampert" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 16:38:17 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 59A9EF69.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAJmb-Ykr30NQopMtzDA1imDOs3b2bXC0J685_gEB27+L6k0TNg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <59A74184.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAJmb-Ykr30NQopMtzDA1imDOs3b2bXC0J685_gEB27+L6k0TNg@mail.gmail.com>
I just now realized that my subject line was not exactly to the point,
so if you'll pardon a repeat of my post from yesterday:
I want to put Tomcat 8.5 on the box I've spent the past week configuring.
What my apt-get got me was Tomcat 8.0.14.
Can I get Tomcat 8.5 via an apt-get? If so, how?
On 8/30/17, 5:04 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
The apt-cache command says that the backports repository has Tomcat 8.5.14.
My mentally-lazy way to get everything I needed to install it looked as
apt-get install tomcat8=8.5.14-1~bpo8+1 tomcat8-common=8.5.14-1~bpo8+1
Tried it just now. This is what I got:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '8.5.14-1~bpo8+1' for 'tomcat8' was not found
E: Version '8.5.14-1~bpo8+1' for 'tomcat8-common' was not found
E: Version '8.5.14-1~bpo8+1' for 'libtomcat8-java' was not found
E: Version '3.11.0-5~bpo8+1' for 'libecj-java' was not found
Am I doing something wrong?