Re: Installing Debian on an android device

Fungi4All wrote:

> After meshing around a bit more with this pseudo debian environment
> I am convinced that it is not worth my time and effort to deal with this.
> I am taping it on top of my guitar amp to play mp3s as backing/practice
> tracks and I think that it is the best it is good for

I've gone the way already (at least in theory). This is why I advise, if you
want a device like tablet or phone to be fully in your control, then go for
Jolla/Sailfish.. At the moment there is no alternative in my opinion.

As for some conspiracy chips with embedded rom .... if you have basic
engineering knowledge you could easily identify all of it and to my
knowledge it is not trivial to embed such a chip into a mass product,
especially a mobile phone.

There were servers in the past, where NSA plugged in special chips before
those machines were shipped to china, but it did not last long and the
chineese found out.

So keep your eyes open and think twice before you buy something and use it -
this is my advise

regards