Re: Installing Debian on an android device

From: deloptes@gmail.com

Fungi4All wrote:

>> The hardware can not track your activities - it is the software
>
> I know that, but it can include capabilities for specific sw to take
> advantage of.

To what extent it is different from your PC, which also can include those
capabilities.

Just blind metaphysical faith that within the linux superfamily there would
be enough whistle blowers of the secrets shared with hw engineers that
it would become public knowledge.  But, to support your statement, I got
a chill and cold sweat reading some of the publicized specs from Intel/Amd
processors.  I mean the advertised capabilities :)

>> Haha - this is a good one - I am just wondering when americans will raise
>> up - you need a change over there - big change
>
> Don"t laugh so hard, your reality is not that far off no matter where you
> are.

No but at least I am aware of it :)

10-4, the vast majority have chosen the facebook pill, brain numb by choice.
So, why blame poor innocent americans when no-one is better?

> No, but it is designed specifically for android use. Whether something
> else will also run or not is irrelevant. Whether whatever else will know
> to take advantage of its capabilities in full or not is. Whether a door is
> opened in networking to have external software exploit its hidden
> capabilities is. All you can do is study the packets in/out.

This is incorrect. It is not designed for specific OS, rather the OEM works
close with the OS developer and shares information about the device, so the
OS developer does not have to guess. IT is also the OS that keeps the doors
open and not the hardware - you need to shift your view.

Well, I may not be fully capabable of understanding the details, but isn't there
some form of "soft"ware within its subsystem of hardware?  What a chip will
respond to a circuit trigger is based on internal code of communication.  I think
the key is in providing IDs of stuff, of writing, storing, and responding IDs.
The rest can be compiled externally.  If among a crowd I ask for a doctor
and you say I MedLicense#939827164950 am a doctor I get suspicious!

>>> For scientific field work android seems very poor, while in idiotic
>>> gadgets and games they are unbelievably wealthy. So even a
>>> jailed vm of debian being able to run apps on the run maybe just
>>> what it may be good for. The only reason it ended up in my hands
>>> is that someone was really fed up with stalled applications after
>>> a year that the 4core system with 1/2Meg Ram had 0 value.
>> hehe - android can not execute processes in parallel
>
> It is a clone of some unix. It had the capability and lost it. As far as
> we know. Can we know?

It is sh*t OS, this is what it is.

After meshing around a bit more with this pseudo debian environment
I am convinced that it is not worth my time and effort to deal with this.
I am taping it on top of my guitar amp to play mp3s as backing/practice
tracks and I think that it is the best it is good for.

regards