Re: Installing Debian on an android device

From: deloptes@gmail.com

Fungi4All wrote:
> On a previous question of why I hate such devices I think Joe has
> answered for me in most counts. I really believe they were designed
> from scratch to monitor every minute of anyone"s life. Just in case
> at any point in the future some authority may want to back track the
> live profile of a certain state or corporate enemy. Which is
> understandable for industry to be exchanging favors and gifts, as this is
> the nature of the modern reverse welfare state.

The hardware can not track your activities - it is the software

I know that, but it can include capabilities for specific sw to take advantage of.

> The latest interpretation of the bill of rights states that: you have the
> right to free speech as long as we know who is exercising the right and
> where we may find him/her in case we need to extract information at
> homeland.s basement, somewhere in nowhereland.

Haha - this is a good one - I am just wondering when americans will raise
up - you need a change over there - big change

Don't laugh so hard, your reality is not that far off no matter where you are.

> There have been leaks by android hardware engineers that there is so
> many backdoors engineered within these systems that it is virtually
> impossible to ever make it secure (orbot developers have admitted to
> this but not given up entirely). The goal of a portable pocket
> size open architecture open source system seems to be possible but
> it comes with a cost. Just a display for one of those Berkeley open
> boards costs as much as a late model android tablet. Getting up to
> i-phone cost with something that will end up being 4 times as big and
> heavy is a sport for the affluent.

Again mixing up hardware with software - the software is android - not the
hardware

No, but it is designed specifically for android use.  Whether something else
will also run or not is irrelevant.  Whether whatever else will know to take
advantage of its capabilities in full or not is.  Whether a door is opened
in networking to have external software exploit its hidden capabilities is.
All you can do is study the packets in/out.

> For scientific field work android seems very poor, while in idiotic
> gadgets and games they are unbelievably wealthy. So even a
> jailed vm of debian being able to run apps on the run maybe just
> what it may be good for. The only reason it ended up in my hands
> is that someone was really fed up with stalled applications after
> a year that the 4core system with 1/2Meg Ram had 0 value.

hehe - android can not execute processes in parallel

It is a clone of some unix.  It had the capability and lost it.  As far as we know.

Can we know?