Re: mailutils in stretch

On 2017-07-08 03:24 -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 04:39:48PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> Argh, I am sorry.  I meant to say just the opposite by leaving out the
>> extra "not", In fact, various packages have been demoted from Priority
>> standard or important to optional in recent years.  This includes the
>> venerable "ed" text editor for instance, and also any package providing
>> /usr/bin/mail.  Apparently the reason is that they pull in an MTA which
>> is also no longer included by default.  Which seems sensible to me BTW.
>
> It isn't?  On one of the new stretch machines referenced in my original
> post, I get:
>
> ~$ dpkg -s exim4 | grep Priority

I see.  The package priorities are assigned by the FTP masters which
override the priorities given in the package, and exim4 is set to
optional in stretch.

However, there has been a security update of exim4, and the version
available from security.debian.org has indeed priority standard, so
either the override on security.debian.org is out of sync or it does not
have an override in the first place.  This should certainly be fixed.

Cheers,
       Sven