Re: Installing Debian on an android device

> I've been looking at this page for a while,
>
> https://www.linux.com/learn/how-get-open-source-android
>
> But the information there is old and getting older.

The main question is if you get support for the hardware. If you don't get
support for the hardware, it renders the device unusable.

Best to do is to go to a distribution that targets those devices and see if
your hardware is supported. Then usually there are instructions on how to
install the system on those devices. Unlike to PC with BIOS those devices
have different boot process (look at Raspberry for example).

I am following the work of Jolla (SailFish OS) and their community ports,
but honestly without (Android) apps .... what do you use this device for?
I think Ubuntu has also project targeting mobile devices.

Good luck