Re: Replace systemd

On Fri 07 Jul 2017 at 14:53:09 (+0100), Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 03:31:18PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >I would be interested if there were.  I've never seen such an option
> >Let the list know what you discover.
>
> I'm surprised to report that the option do manually select software is
> no longer there. As I recall, it was essentially invoking aptitude
> within d-i, either after or instead of the normal task selection stage.
> I've just gone through an expert mode install with stretch netinst and
> that option is no longer available.

I think you'll find that it was in fact dselect. Up to and including
sarge, you were dumped into dselect with a selection of packages
already made, taking into account which sources you had selected.

However, this doesn't affect the intent of this thread. By the time
you got to this installation step, the base system was already
installed and you had rebooted (the "smoke test", remember?), so
the init system was already up and running.

Cheers,
David.