Re: Replace systemd

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 20:55:48 +0100 Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 09:02:24AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >Even in Expert Mode, there's no choice to install an alternate init.
> >And with systemd being a major system dependency in Debian, it's
> >always going to be around regardless of which init you migrate to.
>
> I believe expert mode offers you a choice to select packages manually,
> at which point you can select the init of your choice. But tell you
> what, I'll actually try this Tomorrow to ensure that it is still the
> case.

I would be interested if there were.  I've never seen such an option
previously.

When I did my test evaluation installs of Stretch RC3 a few weeks ago, I
used the LXDE install disk since LXDE uses Openbox as its window
manager, the one I prefer, to save time instead of messing with the
Expert Mode, which I normally use.

I'm about to do a final test install in VirtualBox before doing it for
real, but it won't be tomorrow.  Maybe in a week.

Let the list know what you discover.

Thanks