Re: Replace systemd

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:50:24 +0100 Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 04:41:42PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >All that can be done on a window manager only system, too.  Just
> >install the utility needed, either terminal or X-based..
>
> You are missing the point entirely. I was not arguing it was
> impossible to get that functionality without using a desktop
> environment. I was arguing that some people *want* the desktop
> environment to do that for them. Of course you can DIY. But not
> everyone wants to.

Yes, I misunderstood you.. Some people for whatever reasons
believe window manager only GUIs are "limited" or "inferior" to desktop
environments.  I thought you were one, and was trying to correct that
misconception.  My apologies.  For the record, I'm not advocating
abolishing the Desktop environment.  I believe in choice.  As much as
possible. Most people want automatic transmission.  I prefer manual.
To each his own.