Re: Stretch generates SLAAC IPv6 address even with /etc/network/interfaces set to manual static address

On Wednesday, 5 July 2017 22:14:22 -04 Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 14:09:24 -0400
>
> Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi to all!
> >
> > I'm trying to teach myself to work with IPv6.
> >
> > On a Stretch client I'd like to have manually set static IPv6 addresses.
> > But what I get are SLAAC addresses with $prefix + MAC-derived according to
> > the IEEE-Tutorial EUI-64 .
> > I can cope with a SLAAC address AND an additional manual static address on
> > the same interface - no problem - but what is going on here? Why is the
> > manual address in the file "/etc/network/interfaces" ignored?
> > What is it that I don't understand?
>
> What about good old "ifdown enp3s0; ifup -v enp3s0"?
>
> It should shed some light on what's happening.
> A quick test in my current environment shows that stretch's ifupdown is
> working as expected, i.e. 'inet6 static' stanza is honored and SLAAC
> advertisements are ignored.
>
> Reco

Thanks to Ulf Vollmer, Christian Seiler and Reco.
I'm going to try your recommendations but I have to wait until weekend 'cause
I'll be busy with other stuff in the next days. Will come back with results
later.
Cheers
Eike