Re: Replace systemd

On 07/05/2017 12:38 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 07/05/2017 05:56 AM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 09:33:16PM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
A couple of hours ago this was Debian Wheezy with the
kde-plasma-desktop.  Now it's Devuan Jessie and kde-plasma-desktop and
the only systemd is "libsystemd0" and it seems to be required for
kde.  This is a very smart system and an easy upgrade. I think some of
Linux best developers are working on Devuan.

This message is the very epitome of Poe's Law. You've switched to Devuan,
a distribution which has the sole purpose of excising systemd from itself
in its entirety, just to run a system with libsystemd0 installed anyway?
And you're a full Debian release behind at the same time!

Was the word you where looking for "exorcise"?

And each year Debian only gets better, until it can't handle your new hardware any longer and then you have to upgrade.

..and it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle..

Anyway, since you are no longer a Debian user, you are unlikely to see
this message, as surely you have dutifully unsubscribed and will not be
posting here anymore, as is right and proper.

Dear Mr Red Hat Developer, Would you like to be my friend on Facebook and Twitter?

I'm The Linux Tester with currently more that 50 Linux installs and I'll run what ever Linux I want and respond to a thread as I see fit.

Have a good day! :P
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263