Re: Superblock last write time is in the future.

Pascal Hambourg composed on 2017-07-04 21:28 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> Pascal Hambourg composed on 2017-07-03 21:06 (UTC+0200):

>>> Setting the RTC with local time does not work with dual boot because
>>> when daylight saving time comes, both systems will do the shift,
>>> resulting in a 2 hour shift unless some time synchronization corrects it.

>> By default yes, but it need not stay that way. All my Windows installations use
>> local, and all are set to not recognize bi-annual time shifts.

> Then the Windows clock is wrong half of the year.

Not here. Maybe I would better have written "not respond to" rather than "not
recognize". The implication as quoted is multiboot. I don't have any PCs with
only Windows installed. I doubt any of them have ever been booted to Windows
during a change period. Linux is in charge of making hardware clock adjustments
here at the scheduled epochs.

BTW, here in the USA most clocks are wrong nearly 8 months of each year, second
Sunday in March to first Sunday in November.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/