Re: How to deploy custom set of configuration files?

Joel Roth wrote:

> I think the second scenario may be saying to change the
> group of the altered config files, so the package manager
> will know not to overwrite them during an upgrade.

no it does not say that - it says the "group" of packages meaning not the
user group.

I think what they mean is create a patch (that modifies) the config files,
but I also do not understand completely what is meant.

However almost all debian programs support config.d style which can be used
to customize the configuration without touching the main configuration
file. IMO this is the preferred way

regards