RE: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

> > > Read this:
> > >
> > > https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/75807/no-public-key-availab
> > > le-on-apt-get-update
> > >

> > Thanks. Yeah I have tried importing keys (even though they already exist as confirmed with 'apt-key list' and it makes no difference. All the keys complained about are already present.
> >
> > I don't have enough experience nor understanding of Linux to know whether it's a bug or dumb user and though I suspect the latter, I feel like there's a chance it could be the former.
> >

> Hmmm I use Jessie for last years, with no any experience with Strech yet. But I feel you have some problem(s) with sources.list or with apt
> file(s) privileges somehow/somewhere.
>
> In this link before, there is something more - did You try to install debian-keyring (before was debian-archive-keyring)?

I had no problems under Jessie and have used it on multiple systems. This seems to be a new issue with Stretch.

There doesn't seem to be a debian-keyring package under stretch (only debian-archive-keyring).

I'm following some other leads and will report back how I go. I do very much appreciate your assistance.