Re: Laser Printer recommendation...

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:05:52 -0400
Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam@rosi-kessel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 07:41:31AM -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a monochrome (black toner) laser printer that is
> > currently available and reasonably priced (<$300).  I am interested in
> > finding one as i am sick and tired of buying ink every month even when I'm
> > not printing much.  Have tried the Brother 2270DW but can't get it to work.
> > Which ones work easillyl, if any?  Thanking in advance.
>
> I've been quite satisfied with the Brother HLL2380DW wireless
> scanner/duplex laser-printer. $165 on Amazon including toner

I have been similarly very satisfied with what I believe is another
model in this line (in between the OP's and Adam's), the HL-2280DW
(Brother uses 'D' to indicate duplex and 'W' to indicate wireless). It
does require binary, non-free blobs from Brother, which I am admittedly
unhappy with, but once these are installed, the printer (I've never
really used the scanner functionality) just works (via CUPS) -
reliably, consistently, rarely jamming or exhibiting any other sort of
malfunction. And third party toner replacement is famously very cheap
for Brother models, although quality can reportedly vary widely.

Celejar