Re: Laser Printer recommendation...

On 07/03/2017 03:22 PM, David Christensen wrote:
On 07/03/17 04:41, Whit Hansell wrote:
Can anyone recommend a monochrome (black toner) laser printer that is
currently available and reasonably priced (<$300).  I am interested in
finding one as i am sick and tired of buying ink every month even when
I'm not printing much.  Have tried the Brother 2270DW but can't get it
to work.  Which ones work easillyl, if any?  Thanking in advance.

Have gone thru many of the printers listed saying they are linux
printers but when I get to the actual printer if it's available it's $
1,200 or not available when it's in the $2-300 range.  Just wondering if
there are any still available out there, reasonably priced.

Using Jessie will be going to Stretch in a few months.....

Thanks.

Whit

I have a HP P2055dn:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-P2000-Printer-series/3662052/model/3662058/

It's on my Gigabit SOHO LAN and is supported OOTB by Debian GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows XP, Vista, and 7. I like the LAN connection, duplexing, and speed. I don't like the flimsy plastic construction, the overpriced HP toner cartridges, or the cheap generic cartridges that smear/haze after a few reams.

I was able to catch a sale a Staples when HP was also offering a trade-in bonus (I gave them my old LaserJet 4).

You can find them used on eBay for ~$60+.

David

Thank you David....

And thank you all you guys. You are all very helpful with your recommendations and info. I'm acutally feeling better about this now that I may actually get a printer working soon. Again, thank all you guys... So much.

Whit