Re: Laser Printer recommendation...

On Monday, July 03, 2017 11:54:34 AM Whit Hansell wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,

You're welcome!

> Maybe I should have prefaced that statement with
> a "for me" phrase.  I do print out a number of articles during a month
> but I used to have an hp722 printer and that cartridge held 2-3 times
> the ink my last printer held.  AND I was able to refill the 722 and the
> last one, an hp psc1510.  But for some reason in the last year I have
> been unable to get a successful refill on the 1510 and so am having to
> keep purchasing cartridges.  It uses a small cartridge and I have cut
> back on my printing considerably and really get honked off when it spits
> out a big  black block of ink in an article I can't print from a pre-set
> printjob setup from the web page source.  And my 1510 just died on  me
> so am in need of a new printer so decided on a laser printer as I care
> not for color.

I still have (and use) a Canon BJC-3000 printer, and a NIB spare--the
cartridges are super easy to refill, and, I add just a "hair" of rubbing
alcohol which seems to keep the ink cartridges from clogging.  No chips, no
need for a  vacuum--just remove the (now screw) plug, inject ink, replace the
screw.

Wish they kept making them that way!