Re: Problem reserving enough space for Java object heap since stretch upgrade

On Monday, July 03, 2017 10:36:56 AM Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> This isn't on purpose and not something I've ever thought about it. It
> looks like migrating an existing system from i386 to amd64 is a
> cumbersome and potentially glitchy process. Is it still true that there
> is no foolproof and easy way to transition?

Well, there is an easy way for me ;-)  I just made a new install of an amd64
system, then transferred my "real user data" (documents, photos, spreadsheets,
...) over to that system.  I probably did a very minor amount of adjusting the
coniguration of the new instances of some applications (browsers, editors,
...), but I don't recall any real issues--it was several years ago.