Laser Printer recommendation...

Can anyone recommend a monochrome (black toner) laser printer that is currently available and reasonably priced (<$300). I am interested in finding one as i am sick and tired of buying ink every month even when I'm not printing much. Have tried the Brother 2270DW but can't get it to work. Which ones work easillyl, if any? Thanking in advance.

Have gone thru many of the printers listed saying they are linux printers but when I get to the actual printer if it's available it's $ 1,200 or not available when it's in the $2-300 range. Just wondering if there are any still available out there, reasonably priced.

Using Jessie will be going to Stretch in a few months.....

Thanks.

Whit