Re: Debian v9 and auto logoff

My programs were also still in place but they stopped processing until I logged back in via the light-locker screen. After that, the processing re-started (evidenced by the printer continuing merrily on it's way) and then I continued to log into the full desktop through the mate-screensaver lock. From the stuff I read the intent of the light-locker was security based so as not to allow switching into another terminal for whatever reason if you had physical access to the machine. I have no idea how that's done, or maybe we're not configuring it correctly. Like I indicated earlier, the source appears to have a facility for a light-locker.conf file but I found none on my system and I can't read the code well enough to figure out what parameters can be used, much less what they do.

tony