Re: Tracing hard Lockup

Mini Trader wrote:

> I tried oracles version as well and same response. Is there any sort of
> utility that can be used to sandbox this and see what is going on?

If a java program was compiled and designed to run on specific version it
could be that it causes problems on higher version - especially java 1.7 to
1.8 changed a lot in how things are handled.
Did you try with older java version or with the previous one?

I've been using visualvm to banchmark java threading - I'm not sure if it
will help you. You can set some tight limits to your java program and see
where it breaks and create a dump. Enable debugging and garbedge collector
also tight.

As you have a newer kernel, you can set some limits there too - I don't
recall exactly but there was an option to purge each app using higher than
limit memory. how it is done in ESX - no idea .... can't you run it on
another machine