Re: Tracing hard Lockup

I tried oracles version as well and same response. Is there any sort of utility that can be used to sandbox this and see what is going on?

Any log files other than kernlog or syslog?

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 4:42 PM deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Mini Trader wrote:

> My last two cents on this are that the vCenter consoles shows the machine
> going to 100% CPU.  I've tried even executing the java process with the
> nice command to see if this could throttle the CPU.
>
> Whatever it is that this java process is doing is completely throwing the
> system into a loop hole on this release which I find very odd.

with no log information or information what exactly this program is doing
not much can be done.

I've faced some similar issues with wrong or incomplete setups, when wrong
libraries were on the way or similar. But you say it is a fresh install ...
so something with openjre/jdk must be wrong. It could be specific to ESX
and the combination as well, but I have no clue

I prefer using the oracles version actually ...