Re: Debian v9 and auto logoff

tony mollica wrote:

> I let the xscreensaver run overnight and it appears that after some
> time, whatever amount of time that is, the system still falls back to
> the lightdm greeter for logging in.  However, after logging in again I
> now get the xscreensaver unlock input window,

This doesn't sound to me like you're being logged out.  Rather it sounds
like light-locker is locking your screen, which is does by bringing up a
new lightdm instance.

> The question is still 'where is the auto logoff taking place and where
> is the config for that"?

Please check whether light-locker is running.  If it is, you could
disable it in the list of startup applications.  Or, depending on what
desktop environment you're using, you could try removing the package
entirely.

I realize that this doesn't explain the problem with your printer.
Maybe that's actually a separate, coincidental issue?

mike