Disk Access

Dear List,

I am using Linux Mint Debian (Betsy) and I'm having problems writing to
removable hard disks.

There are no problems reading and writing to USB sticks.

But removable sata disks I can read, but not write to. These disks are
in caddies that are designed to be removed.

I thought the problem was because one of the disks in question was not
formatted on the Mint machine, so I formatted a new disk, same problem.

Can anybody offer me a solution?

Would I have the same problem if I used native Debian?

Thank you for reading this.

David.