Re: Tracing hard Lockup

This isn't reserving JVM heap space > 2GB.  This is a java process taking down an entire system.

I didn't have any memory issues.  They do mention that it was fixed in version 4.9.30-2+deb9u2. Which I do have installed. The system is a completely new and updated install.

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 10:22 AM, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Mini Trader wrote:

> I've installed Debian 9/Stetch and am having issues with what looks to be
> a java application.
>
> When connecting to the app from certain devices the entire system will
> lockup inside an ESXi VM.
>
> There doesn't appear to be any errors.  The system just locks up, no
> console, no IP nothing works. The ESXi host is good as it runs everything
> else fine and has so for a long time.
>
> Additionally, I've run this application on other systems (kernel
> 4.4/ubuntu
> 16 LTS) and have no issues at all.  How can I track this down?  Nothing is
> in syslog or kernlog.
>
> Thanks!

There was another thread "Problem reserving enough space for Java object
heap since stretch upgrade"

regards