Tracing hard Lockup

I've installed Debian 9/Stetch and am having issues with what looks to be a java application.

When connecting to the app from certain devices the entire system will lockup inside an ESXi VM.

There doesn't appear to be any errors.  The system just locks up, no console, no IP nothing works. The ESXi host is good as it runs everything else fine and has so for a long time.

Additionally, I've run this application on other systems (kernel 4.4/ubuntu 16 LTS) and have no issues at all.  How can I track this down?  Nothing is in syslog or kernlog.

Thanks!