Re: mplayer won't play audio CD

On Sat 01 Jul 2017 at 01:12:18 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> >> `mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/sr0 cdda://1' gives the same error output as
> >> `mplayer cdda://'.
> >
> > How about
> >
> >   vlc cdda:// ?
>
> Yes, vlc works!

Not quite what you wanted but you can now play an audio CD.

We suppose the CD ROM shows activity (a blinking light) with
'mplayer cdda://' even though there is no sound output.

How do you go on with

  'mplayer -ao alsa cdda:// ?

> > You have "solved" this problem previously:
> >
> >   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/02/msg01080.html
>
> Yes, but that time mplayer won't play files either.  Now instead mplayer works
> with mp3, audio files...  but fails only with audio CDs.  That time the problem
> was solved installing alsaplayer-alsa and pulseaudio.  Now I already have those
> packages in my system...

This could also be a software issue but this time involving pulseaudio.

--
Brian.