Wheezy to Stretch without to much problem.

I started in synaptic, first upgrading Debian tools and the kernel, that blew out synaptic with dpkg errors and I went to the console and ran apt-get -f install and then dpkg --configure -a, back in business, I had to do that a few times and then able to switch to using the new apt and clean up with upgrade-system, it took sometime but here I am with a clean, upgraded and configured system.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263